17 Goals to Transform Our World
To facilitate people’s access to products of their need, by ensuring efficiency
and security of supply processes, bringing benefits to life in society,
Optimize the lifecycle of products and provide product information,
Promote the sustainable development of packaging-related production
chains, and proper information on packaging disposal.
- 2.1By 2030, end hunger and ensure access by all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations, including infants, to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round.
Facilitate efficient and safe distribution of fresh or industrialized food, preserving them for a long time through packaging technology, contributing to increase access to food in urban centers and in more remote regions.
- 3.8 Achieve universal health coverage, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all
Support adequate access to medicinal products and vaccines through packaging, ensuring their conservation, distribution, safety, inviolability and traceability.
- 6.1 By 2030, substantially increase water-use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity
Provide packaging to allow the distribution of drinking water and enable its reach to any person, including in remote regions or disaster-affected areas.
- 12.3 By 2030, halve per capita global food waste at the retail and consumer levels and reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses
Provide packaging that preserves fresh or industrialized food, increasing its shelf life, from the time of harvesting, through production and supply chains, to consumption.
Enable proportionate packed food, allowing adequate dosage to ensure full use of the product.
- 12.5 By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
Strengthen the sustainable development of packaging, fostering the optimization of its structure, as well as returnability, reuse and refill alternatives, promoting proper disposal and routing to revaluation chains. Encourage the transition of packaging development towards a circular economy model.